Friday, October 10, 2008

It's finally arrived...


The moment no one thought could occur has exploded and buried us in the wreckage. People are scared. No, that's an understatement- people are petrified and frantic. The stock market continues to plunge every day and if the trend continues, the Dow will be at 0 in the next few weeks. Eugene Robinson rightfully questions how McCain and Obama are going to fix the economic crisis, besides just giving generic, cookie-cutter answers that never really answer the question.

What is the plan guys? I want to know how every dollar of the 700 billion dollar bailout is going to be used, because it is furthering Americans' servitude each and every day. And when (IF) you answer the question, could you avoid the exorbitantly used responses: "America has the hardest working workers in the world" and "Not only Wall Street, but Main Street is suffering as well!" Frankly, I'm sick of the bullshit. We all know these predictable and useless answers. And please please please, come up with a better hypothetical street to replace Main Street. In fact, I can relate more to Crenshaw Blvd than I can Main Street.

So yes- I too, like my fellow Americans, am worried. My grandparents have lost half of their retirement in a few weeks, coupled with a huge loss in stocks. How are Obama and McCain going to fix that? Borrow MORE money? The reality is setting in and is even more troubling than the first Great Depression. In our globalized New World Order, we're all screwed. There is no where to run because EVERYONE is in trouble. Even Iceland.

So give me the answers I need to hear- whether or not it's exactly what I want to hear. Until then, my vote will hang in limbo until an alternative candidate presents some solutions.

No comments: